Friday, February 20, 2015

33 weeks and ready to be done..

Soooo, it has been a long while. A very long while if I'm honest, since I last posted on here. I had what I thought was a very good reason for not posting, but have recently been encouraged to take up blogging again. :)

Ya see, I've officially hit the 33 week mark in this pregnancy, and for most of it I've had a tough time being content during this pregnancy. I mean, I'm super excited to meet this little guy, and his big sister is just beyond excited, but this time around I'm noticing just how..how rough, pregnancy can be. Your body changing on its own, without your approval or even a heads up! Gah!

Anyway, soo this time has been completely different than the first time. With Lily I was all "Oh look! I popped!" ..."oh how funny! I can't fit into my jeans!" ...how naive I was, or maybe just excited at all the new changes and all the surprises the first pregnancy brings. Either way, trying to chase a toddler, and grow a mini human isn't so easy. I'm tired and hormonal and I cry. All. The. Time. Seriously, over the silliest of things. And to be honest..I'm over it. I just want to be able to wear normal pants and have shirts that cover the bottom of my belly, and to be able to sit down and now have someone jabbing my hip bone and my ribcage at the same time.

But I guess maybe this is the lesson God's trying to teach me? Maybe?? Paul learned to be content in every circumstance, and even though he wasn't so "lucky" to go through growing a mini human, I think that the Word was clear and we can walk away with a lesson. Whether we are pregnant, not pregnant, whatever circumstance we are in, we can look towards the Lord and seek Him. The Word says that God is faithful and loving, and I need to trust that if I seek Him wholeheartedly, then He will be faithful to change my heart.

So here I go...praying that God will help me learn to be content in Him in any situation. I hope this helps to encourage someone. :)

Xoxo,
Samantha

No comments:

Post a Comment