Thursday, January 1, 2015

2015 Here We Come!


So I don't know about you guys, but 2014 was a pretty awesome year for our family. It was spotted with hard times and growing seasons, but overall things were pretty awesome. By the way... HAPPY NEW YEAR!!! I hope that this year is better than the last for all of you guys.

Well ladies and gents, we are at it again. Choosing words for our 2015 year. Here are my three words:
Grace, Discipline, and Abide. 

I had grace as one of my words for this past year, and it has been a big help. Remembering to give myself and others grace in face of failure or unmet expectations has made a HUGE difference in my relationships and with myself. Here's a funny story to show you how much God has changed me, I remember getting so angry with Matt over a glass of spilt milk (yes really) the beginning-ish of the year. It caused a lot of trouble and I think it was our first real argument. Yeah, yeah I know.. no use crying over spilt milk right? 

Anyway in comparison, Matt and I locked ourselves out of our house and had to break in..goodbye window..and guess what?..I laughed.... yeah! Matt locked the keys in the house and we had to break a window (in his defense it was like 80 years old and he barely touched it) and I just laughed. He was surprised as well that I was able to just laugh and say it will make a great story. So God has been working very very hard on me and my learning to show grace. 

This year though I chose grace as my word again because we are expecting baby Leon and with two babies I am going to need to learn how to show even more grace to myself in the face of my inabilities and failures as a mom. Having one baby was hard, especially now that we are hitting the two year mark, but having a two year old and a newborn?? 

I'm expecting catastrophic failures.. no laundry, no clean dishes, maybe missing socks lol. So I need to heap grace on myself and learn how to give up those silly expectations and take in what God really desires for me as a mom. 

And that is also what I am going to need to learn discipline, for my kiddos and for myself. I want to be able to teach them and show them the way they need to go, and for me to do that I need to be disciplined in my life and actions and to show our children discipline. (There's also the actual disciplining part, but I'm still hoping that the "terrible two's" aren't as bad as they sound.) I am going to need to be disciplined to create the safe haven my home is supposed to be and to take care of myself as well as my family. 

I don't know about you ladies, but exercising and taking care of myself is on my wish list..but not always (read: at all) a priority. I'm hoping to slowly change that this year, and put the right amount of emphasis on taking care of myself via exercise and whatnot. That's also why disciple is important to me. 
And for abide, I need to abide in truth. To stay attached to the Vine and abide in Him. The church we are members of is putting out a journal with memory verses in it. They are the verses that the kiddos are learning and


put in the journal so the whole church body can work together to memorize Scripture and encourage each other. I am so looking forward to doing this and ingraining God's Word into my mind. We need to abide in Him first and foremost. 



So those are my words, my resolutions for 2015. 

Grace, Discipline, and Abide.


What are yours?


Xoxo,

Samantha



No comments:

Post a Comment