Thursday, May 29, 2014

Parenting is Rough...








Hey!

So now that my once adorable stationary baby, now cruiser, almost toddler is wandering around the house, things are getting tough! She gets into everything, especially tupperware, books, and funny enough, she constantly goes back into her room. (We usually play in the living room where I can keep an eye on her and still get things done.)

Seriously though, does anyone out there have any ideas or advice on training your children to not climb on certain things or try to eat certain things? I lightly tapped Lily's hand when she bit my phone for the umpteenth time... and she cried.. I'm such a wuss haha. I can hardly handle it.

Does anyone else run into this problem?...that's probably a stupid question lol. I'm sure everyone else has had the same problem at some point.

So I guess what I'm asking for is...what did you do? How did you lovingly train your children with grace? How do you do it??

Because I'm obviously having trouble haha.


On a side note, I have officially run 3 miles for the first time since my first 5k six weeks after Lily was born! I'm super excited!! I am using an app called Gipis that tells me my training schedule for a race I'm doing in August with the family. :) Isn't that great? I'm kinda sore but also ridiculously excited about starting to go running again. It isn't necessarily my favorite thing to do, but I LOVED running in my first race and I think, that's the only reason why I will to run.


So that's all folks!

For now at least ;)

Xoxo,

Samantha



3 comments:

  1. One of the things I had to search out through the Bible was what was "love" and "grace" to God? I think it's easy to look to our culture for these things and then we see a very different story. I also looked at how serious God takes sin and what that means in light of grace and love. I searched it out on my own in the Word and asked a lot of others about it and came to my own conclusions on how I believe God would have me raise my children. I am SO GLAD that I did this, because I doubt myself a lot and Alex and I have lots of conversations about this still, but I can always go back to my study in the Word on this subject and find my rest there (and sometimes I re-study it too!).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Elizabeth! I'll have to go through and search out love, grace, and raising children. Do you have any verses or any certain books that were particularly helpful to you?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've read a couple books that are grace based parenting and I love them!!! The authors name is Sally Clarkson. And she labels these early parenting years as "in the trenches", and for a good reason. Being the mom of a toddler is challenging and exhausting. I would definitely recommend her books, and blog for encouragement and advice. Here is one link to an article you may find interesting...http://www.itakejoy.com/parenting-it-all-starts-with-your-view-of-god/

    ReplyDelete