Wednesday, November 27, 2013

A Beautiful Mess





A Beautiful Mess is the name of the MOPS theme this year... I also feel as though it's the description of my life. 

Let me elaborate a little. In MOPS we are told that each woman is beautiful, as is her story. Even though our lives and our day to day may be messy, we are still beautiful and we should embrace our "Beautiful Mess." 

Sometimes..well almost all the time, I feel like a mess. My backstory isn't a typical christian upbringing, it isn't neat and clean and wrapped with a bow and neither is my marriage. Oh and motherhood definitely isn't either..incase you thought otherwise. I think that I have touched more boogers, swallowed more drool, also have seen and smelled more poop than I ever have in my 22 years of existence! 

I do have to admit though, that it is all worth it. Everything. All the sleepless nights, dirty diapers, all the dirty dishes and spilt formula. To hear my daughter giggle when we play with her, to see her light up when I walk in the room, everything is worth that. Especially now that she is starting to say Mom!!! (I'm only a little excited if you can't tell..)

So what about you my friend?
What about your beautiful mess? Will you accept that your life might not be neat and disinfected? Can you recognize that your life is a beautiful mess, that you are treasured even though you aren't perfect? Perfection isn't our end goal. 

The reason we are on this earth isn't to be the perfect daughter, wife, or mother. It isn't to be the best neighbor, best baker, or coolest kid on the block. We are called to know Christ and to seek Him. 

So what about your story? When you look back at it do you recognize it for what it is? A Beautiful Mess, a story that is just as beautiful as you are. 

xoxo

Samantha


1 comment:

  1. Love you dear girl. We all are beautiful messes. Broken lives made beautiful by God's amazing grace.

    ReplyDelete