Saturday, April 12, 2014

In the Ordinary and Mundane…


So it's been a while. 

Quite a long while actually, since I've last posted. Can I be honest and say that I felt as though I had nothing really to say? No words of wisdom that would change your life, no big news that would create a burst of excitement.

Nothing….

Nada….









Just the ordinary and the mundane… days coming and going; and going and coming. Dishes needing to be washed, clothes to clean, diapers to change, and dinners to be made. 

Nothing special, I thought. 

But that's where the Truth lies, doesn't it? In the ordinary and the mundane, in the normal day to day routine. Caught somewhere between the highest of highs and the lowest of the lows. Learning to lean on truth and grow in faith during those normal days where life isn't a mess of emotions. Where your days blur together and tuesday feels like saturday. 

When you're up to your eyeballs in laundry and dishes, and the cries of your children are testing your patience. When your ordinary and mundane start to overwhelm and grind you down. 

When you are weary, remember that we are the branch. We cannot survive detached from our Vine. Just like when you cut a branch from a tree or pop a flower from its petals, we will wither and fade. 

But, when attached to our vine, we will prosper and grow. 
We will live. 

I'm learning that these ordinary days are the ones that teach me the most about myself and my relationship with my Saviour. Am I attached to the Vine or am I slowly withering and fading and I don't realize it yet? I believe that it's in these ordinary and mundane moments of life that we grow the most. In realizing that these days are still a blessing, even if they aren't chock full of emotions. 

Xoxo,

Samantha

2 comments:

  1. Sam, You have been on my mind a lot lately, just had Regional TI. Miss seeing you. So glad to read your blog, so much truth in what you've written.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there it's me, I am also visiting this web page on a regular basis, this web page is in fact pleasant and the visitors
    are genuinely sharing good thoughts.

    my webpage ... bathroom accessories ideas pinterest (http://saqoheva.wix.com/wiwavoqe)

    ReplyDelete