Wednesday, April 5, 2017

Steak Sheet Pan Dinner!

Hey!
So, on this whole being faithful in taking care of my family, I wanted to share a recipe that turned out really well! It is a one pan..well, sheet dish that everyone (who enjoys veggies) really loved.


Backstory:
I'm trying to get better at meal planning and homemaking, so I looked up some recipes and came across this idea on pinterest! My mother's husband, Bill, gave us some amazing venison steaks so I used those in this recipe. And I am always up for an easy, quick, simple way to feed my family!


So here's the scoop: I marinated the steaks for about 20 minutes, to help hide some of the gamey taste venison has, in a mixture of worchestershire sauce and peppercorns. While that marinated I quartered some potatoes and boiled them for a little bit, just so they wouldn't be raw when I put them with the rest of the food. (P.s thank you Dad for the pairing knife and cutting board! They were so needed!)

While those boiled and with the meat still marinating, I poured out a bag of frozen green beans and carrots (simple and easy remember! Frozen or not, they are veggies!) and I popped some butter onto the frozen veggies so when they started cooking they would be infused with the butter.


So, on a baking sheet with my silicon mat, I placed the frozen veggies with butter, my boiled quartered potatoes, and now, onto the meat. I first pulled it out and sliced it into 1 inch thick slices and layer those next to the potatoes on the baking pan. I put my oven to low broil and put the rack as high as I could.

While it was preheating, I seasoned the food with garlic salt, onion powder, rosemary, thyme, cilantro, salt, and pepper to taste.


When it was heated, I put the whole sheet pan into the oven and let it cool for about 20 minutes. I honestly don't remember how long it was total because I was eyeing the meat and took it out when it was cooked all the way through. If you can see the photos then you can see my amazing little helper haha she loved handing me the seasonings and sneaking some frozen veggies when I wasn't watching hahah!



This turned out really well for us! Let me know what you think!


Xoxo,
Samantha

No comments:

Post a Comment