Thursday, October 9, 2014

Be You, Bravely.

So the theme of this years MOPS is "Be you, bravely."


And I'm not lying when I tell you that this phrase may be one that has influenced me the most this far in my life.

I don't know about you, but the idea that I can be who I am bravely, and the freedom that comes with accepting yourself "flaws", baby weight, stretch marks and all is so....amazing. Its like a breath of fresh air. 

You see, I'm guessing that if you are like me, then you aren't always happy with how you look or act or maybe you are super self conscious when you see women or moms that look like they have it all together. 

But can I tell you a secret? 

You are unique and so very very beautiful. I really mean that. Because you see, your "flaws" don't change your worth. And just because someone may be better in certain areas than you, doesn't mean that you shouldn't be who you are. 

For example, there are a few mom bloggers that I absolutely adore following, and sometimes when I start drafting another post or think about my own blog, I start feeling really inadequate. I start psyching myself out thinking that I'm not nearly as wonderful a writer or a mom and what can I say that people haven't already heard a million times? 

But this idea of being who I am and doing it bravely is helping me to accept myself and realizing my own self worth. 

Just because I don't have a few hundred or thousand followers or write in a way where it feels like we are face to face doesn't mean that I am any less of a writer or that I should stop doing what I love because someone else is better at it. I can, and should, still do what I love and be who I am.

You see, I believe that this phrase "Be You, Bravely" is about you bravely getting over your self consciousness and fears and being who you are. Because we all know that as women we tend to be our own worst enemy.

So that is why this phrase has been so important to me. I'm finally starting to be me, bravely. And my dear friends, I hope that this encourages you to accept yourself and Be You, Bravely.


Xoxo,

Samantha

No comments:

Post a Comment